🤓 People Operations Internship
3 000 - 3 000 PLN brutto
🌍 11Sigma | Grunwaldzka, Gdańsk🖥 https://11sigma.com
#hr, #candidateexperience, #employeebrand
Hi! My name is Chris, I’m the CEO of 11Sigma, and I’d like to invite you to join our team.
We started 11Sigma in 2018 with a vision of a world of opportunities and the freedom enabled by remote work.
We believe that remote work is a lifestyle, it’s about the culture, values, and mindset, not a “corporate benefit” or a “post-COVID reality”.
Our three values: explore, be free, and contribute, define who we are, and what we do.
Our dream is to build a company open to everyone, which supports you in experiencing an exciting, fulfilling life.
11Sigma is about exploring. Both literal, as in a journey, as well as open-mindedness, self-growth, and curiosity of life and at work.
We are software engineers, travelers, digital nomads, caring parents, adventurers. We are internally motivated problem solvers and contributors.
To us, life is an adventure, and the world is incredibly interesting. We are hungry to learn new things and explore our potential.
To find exciting work and open amazing opportunities we partner with tech startups that build incredible products and provide a healthy work-life balance.
If the above resonates with you, please read on.
Our mission at 11Sigma is to build a community of exceptional software engineers and a network of partner tech startups that build game-changing products & services.
We help early-stage, high-potential companies grow by providing motivated teams of talented individuals. The ideal for us is that our partners become “the next Netflix/Spotify/AirBnB”.
Our promise to our engineers is that we deliver the best employee experience and provide a great self-development environment. All we really want is that everyone who belongs to 11Sigma has all the right tools and support to 10x their potential.
You will help our founding team build and execute a world-class employee experience, hiring, and vetting processes. You will work together with our CEO and CTO on things that are core to the 11Sigma business.
We are looking for someone who wants to have an impact on a company; a creative and open-minded self-starter, who can take the lead on solving problems and own them.
Because we are a small team, you will have an opportunity to play an important role in developing it and to contribute to what 11Sigma envisions to become.
We are looking for someone who believes in what we’re doing and is willing to become an important part of our team. We’re hoping to find someone who will later become a full-time 11Sigma team member.
We want you to help us with various People Operations (known in other places as HR). For example, your first task might be to help the CEO optimize hiring processes, and perform candidate screening. You might be asked to help find the best candidate sources, craft and post job offers (like this one), analyze and report which job board performs best. Next, you might need to switch focus and help prepare a company onsite event (retreat): find a unique accommodation, book rooms, coordinate schedules, find attractions, etc. It might be an ideal job for someone who likes to wear many hats.
How this internship can help you
- You will get the opportunity to learn and work on different areas such as hiring, employee experience, employee brand, employee marketing, and employee growth.
- You will work hand-to-hand with founders on mission-critical projects, and learn to build an early-stage company from the ground up.
- You will learn to work in a fully distributed, remote-first organization.
- Successful interns will have the opportunity to join our company full-time.
- This role is intended to grow into a management position.
- You will get exposure to the IT industry working on building a community of top engineers.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities
We know the below list is long and might seem crazy/scary ;). You are right if you think “it’s work for more than one person”. Currently, our founding team performs all those tasks (among others) so we know how much work it requires :)
Don’t worry, though. Our founders will be sharing some of the responsibilities with you and will support you to get up to speed with those tasks.
We treat those areas more like things to explore. It’s definitely not a strict list of things you will need to do daily, but something to give you an idea of the direction.
We understand that with time you will likely want to specialize in a specific area. In the future, we are planning to hire more people to take care of those tasks and specialize.
- Organize, coordinate and prepare company on-site retreats and post-retreat follow-up actions such as social media marketing.
- Contact, review and recommend external contractors such as photographers and video-makers to document our retreats according to brand guidelines.
- Facilitate online and on-site onboarding. For on-site onboarding, help with organizing AirBnB accommodation, logistics, etc.
- Co-design, prepare, purchasing and ship welcome packs.
- Help with co-organizing other events such as Ignite Talks, 11Sigma Birthday, Remote Happy Hours, etc.
- Write posts on social media (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook).
- Contribute content to our blog (articles related to hiring, remote work, culture, and other People Operations topics).
- Actively look for interesting “11Sigma stories“ at the company and help build a brand around it on social media.
Employee Experience / Growth
- Participate as a guest in some of the 1on1s we conduct to learn about them, and potentially handle them in the future.
- Help us creatively with ideating new ways to support 11Sigma employees’ growth.
- Stay in touch with our engineers, and maintain a positive relationship.
- Help us establish partnerships with service providers that could become 11Sigma benefits.
Hiring & Operations
- Build and own a recruiting pipeline. This includes: building up a candidate pipeline, making connections with potential candidates, negotiating, and providing feedback.
- Come up with original ways to actively recruit candidates.
- Assure a high level of candidate experience.
- Identifies the most effective methods for recruiting and attracting candidates.
- Assist in creating authentic, engaging, and efficient messaging and communication practices when reaching out to candidates.
- Assist in executing hiring processes: screening CVs, interviewing, communication, feedback.
- Shortlist candidates to be interviewed by hiring managers.
- Stay up to date and suggest best hiring practices and tools.
- Prepare, write, manage, and post job ads.
- Draft job advertisements in tools such as Canva to be used on social media.
- Manage days off, employee budgets.
- Monitor key HR metrics, including time-to-fill, time-to-hire and source of hire.
- Find creative and efficient ways to source candidates.
- Help us build, maintain and improve world-class hiring processes for our partners.
- Create 11Sigma 360 Profiles for Qualified 11Sigma Engineers.
- Manage 11Sigma talent pool.
- Help us build an interview questions database.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for someone with the following traits:
- Open to change
- Curious / growth-oriented
- Owner / responsible
- Innovative / creative
- Outgoing / positive
Experience / Knowledge / Skills
- Great written and verbal communication (English).
- Great people skills; great communicator, strong interpersonal skills.
- Some basic aesthetic skills (to be able to prepare social media posts in Canva).
- Ability to learn fast.
Nice to have
- Know how to use tools such as Slack, Zoom, LinkedIn, Google Spreadsheets.
- Great writing skills (English).
- Higher education (at least bachelor's degree or last years of studies in human resources, marketing or related).
- Any exposure to programming is a huge plus (e.g. bootcamps, courses, certifications) but not required at all.
- HR skills (recruiting, screening).
- Quality social media profile.
- Ability to build a community.
- Social media marketing skills.
- This internship will be 3 months long with the possibility to join full-time later (B2B).
- We are a #nooffice company, everyone is working fully remotely.
- Our founders are located in Gdańsk and Poznań but candidates from any place are welcome. We have folks from Poland, Croatia, Hungary, and Russia
- If you live in Gdańsk or Poznań and would like to meet in person from time to time, we can arrange a co-working space for you. Note that coming to “the office” is not and never will be a requirement.
- You will need your own laptop and a secure internet connection.
- Your first weeks will be focused on onboarding, understanding the company and performing first tasks.
- You can pretty much work any hours you want. Let’s just keep some sane overlap to sync (4h overlap is good enough) :)
- Yes, you can live anywhere you wish and work with us (that’s the beauty of remote-first culture :))
- Once you join full-time, you will get all full-time member perks (more on the website).
- 3000 PLN / month gross (internship)
- Dedicated self-growth mentor.
- Work using the best hiring tools.
- 100% remote company - live and work wherever you wish, forever.
Once you graduate from the internship you will get extra perks:
- 3000 - 5000 PLN (B2B, net, a Junior People Operations Specialist).
- Explorer budget (annual budget for travel and adventure)
- 10x-self budget (annual budget for home-office equipment, learning, co-working space rent).
- Epic retreats around the world.
- Conferences around Europe.
- Bonus 8h a month for your own ideas.
- Fully reimbursed Clifton Strengths Assessment to learn about your strengths.
- Paid 15 days off (B2B).
- Paid all public polish holidays (B2B).
More about perks on our website.