🤓 Payroll Coordinator with Spanish
🌍 Smith&Nephew | Curie-Skłodowskiej 12, Wrocław🖥 https://www.smith-nephew.com/careers/
At Smith+Nephew, a global medical technology company, we design and make technology that takes the limits of living, and we help healthcare professionals achieve the same goal. Together we improve life, while also improving performance. This formed the basis for our purpose, #LifeUnlimited, and our culture pillars of Care, Collaboration and Courage.
Care means that we show empathy and understanding for each other, our customers and patients.
Collaboration means we work together as a team, based on mutual trust and respect.
Courage is about continuous learning, innovation, and accountability.
Currently we are looking for someone to join our Wrocław’s center on position of:
The Payroll Coordinator with Spanish works as part of a team that is responsible for the timely and accurate accumulation of payroll data. This will be accomplished by the complete end-to-end processing of the payrolls allocated to the coordinator of various countries within Smith & Nephew in the region. Essential responsibilities include; data entry and system updates in both Workday and local payroll systems, executing interfaces between Workday and local payroll where these exist, as well as executing outbound vendor interfaces. The Payroll Coordinator is capable of performing all payroll functions. The role is not limited to specific country payrolls within the coordinator's region and assistance with payrolls outside of the coordinators usual processing countries will be requested as and when the need arises.
- Entry and review of the weekly, bi-weekly or monthly payroll time data as required, employee maintenance, tax information, direct deposit, new hire, terminated and any other current employee processing.
- Coordinate with Human Resource Department personnel on the timely and accurate updating of employee Masterfile changes in Workday.
- Manage interfaces and reports between Workday HR and local payroll systems.
- Audit payroll data entry and employee status changes to ensure accuracy prior to payroll execution.
- Ensure timely and accurate administration of employee garnishments, insurances and taxes, ensuring proper withholding and remittance to appropriate agencies and authorities.
- Work as a member of cross-GBS, cross-functional team on projects related to system upgrades for Workday, local Payroll and Time & Attendance systems.
- Execute and audit payroll outbound interfaces to be sent to third-party vendors.
- Execute tests in Workday and payroll test databases as they relate to outbound/inbound interfaces.
Degree in Payroll or Business related field, equivalent payroll department experience would be an advantage
- 2 – 5 years of related regional payroll experience at a company processing 500+ employees.
- Prior experience with having a role in new systems implementation, including the testing phase, would be an advantage.
- Experience with Workday preferred.
- Experience in the Spanish payroll
- Fluent in English, Spanish and Polish required
- Any other European language is nice to have as could be used in the role.
- Ability to work well within a small team environment.
- Knowledge in end to end payroll processes for Spain
- Displays a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to respect, protect, and maintain highly confidential information.
- Able to work independently, or with little supervision.
- Can work with pace and pressure to meet tight deadlines
at Smith+Nephew we offer
private health care | multisport card | life insurance
subsidies for trainings | postgraduate studies
train the trainer program | mentoring program
annual bonus | company stock saving plan | recognition program
subsidized meals and fruit | integration parties
possibility of working remotely | flexible working hours
relaxation zones in the modern workplace