🤓 Office Manager
🌍 Starburst | Al. Jana Pawła II 22, Warszawa🖥 https://www.starburst.io/
We’re on a mission to free our customers to see the invisible and achieve the impossible. We unlock the value of distributed data by making it fast and easy to access, no matter where it lives. With Starburst, teams can lower the total cost of their infrastructure and analytics investments, prevent vendor lock-in, and use the existing tools that work for their business. Today more than 150 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has achieved a unicorn status and raised $164M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We operate globally in 10 countries and are proud to be named the Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
About the Role
Starburst is looking for an organized, personable and task-oriented Office Manager to support our fast growing team in Warsaw.
Everyday will bring a new set of challenges and objectives ranging from maintaining the office to planning company events and supporting payroll and finance. The ideal candidate loves to multi-task, communicates with ease, and knows how to take ownership of projects from start to finish. They also strive to create an office culture that is inclusive and supportive where employees can bring their best self to work everyday.
Finance & HR Support:
- Ensure employee expense reports are recorded accurately and are aligned with company policies
- Partner with an external accounting firm, preparing documents and reports for accounting purposes; audit for accuracy, payment monitoring
- Issue invoices to 3rd party partners
- Partner with HR on any special programs or initiatives
Office & Facility Management:
- Ensure office space is well maintained with supplies, equipment, and food/beverages
- Liaise with property management on any building-related issues and third-party vendors supporting office environment, coordinate all repairs
- Order IT equipment for new hires
- Manage correspondence; receive and distribute mail and ship packages when requested
- Monitor office supplies and inventory levels; order when necessary
- Support internal and external meetings with conference rooms, parking, food and any other general coordination
- Meet and greet office visitors; issue office cards
- Book travel arrangements for employees on request
- Lead or participate in the planning and execution of office-wide or company-wide meetings and team outings
- Manage employee swag program from design to distribution
- Support marketing-related requests local to Warsaw market
- Provide ad hoc project assistance to the local Leadership Team
- Relevant work experience in office management or administrative work
- Self-sufficient with the ability to anticipate problems and proactively identify and propose creative solutions
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize, coordinate, and complete work in a fast-moving business environment.
- Excellent and effortless communication skills, both written and verbal in both English and Polish.
- Desire to create smooth processes that are efficient and scalable
- Motivation to learn new technologies necessary to perform the role
- Self-starter attitude
- Strong sense of ownership over projects to see them through to completion
- Experience with GSuite; Bonus points for experience using Slack and Zoom.
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple time zones and cultures
This role is based in Warsaw, Poland, and will require working from our office. We do have a flexible work environment and will allow remote work when feasible.
- Multisport card;
- Team-building activities;
- No dress code - feel free to express yourself;
- Private healthcare;
- Learning budget.
At Starburst, we’re constantly striving towards building a place where people come first by creating an environment of transparency, honesty, and respect. We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, access to quality and affordable insurance, and flexible and generous paid time off to start a family, travel, or just relax!
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.